Oscar Wilde

We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely.

All art is quite useless.

Oscar Wilde

Sunday 2 April 2017

My favourite big-business April Fools jokes

It has become a tradition now for bigger companies to play pranks on the first of April and another April Fools has gone by. Now on April 2nd I think it's time to cover my top 5 April Fools jokes from big-business.



·      Autodesk Sketchbook



Sketchbook is easily one of my favourite drawing programs, easily accessible and packed full of enough features to produce a beautiful product. Well this year they’ve offered some new tools. Really. Can you guess what it is? Toothpaste, yes, the Toothpaste Brush Set is here. Enjoy (note, this is completely fake, sorry).


·      The Liverpool Echo

The Liverpool Echo is one from a little closer to home, well from Liverpool to be exact. The Echo tweeted out a story that the Royal Mint would be making a 99p coin. I know, I know, it this one sounds a little mundane doesn’t it. Well I picked this one for the list because it’s actually quite a good idea if you ask me. Imagine all the coppers we wouldn’t have to carry around anymore! Of course, I know it wouldn’t work bit it sounds good doesn’t it?


·      Coca-Cola

Coke with helium in it to give you that high squeaky voice. I think that’s enough said don’t you? It’s actually quite a funny idea if you ask me.


·      Snapchat

I love a little bit of sass don’t you? A little bit of beef? Well then this year Snapchat have really thrown some salt on their April Fools’ joke. Remember when Facebook tried to buy Snapchat then implemented a copy of it into Instagram when they were denied? Well this year Snapchat introduced a filter that looks like and Instagram post, format and all. Beautifully salty guys, well done.


·      Amazon

Amazon have really taken the crown this year for me. Like really. Everyone knows Amazon’s Echo right? The little device that acts kinda like Siri or Cortana. Well this year they announced the “Petlexa” function. Essentially Amazon claimed that the Echo would be able to understand our pets. I absolutely love this, like on another level.



And that’s it for my Top 5 big business April Fools for 2017. If there are any more that you think should make my list or that you really enjoyed, feel free to let me know. Enjoy April everybody, the UK is finally starting to thaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment