Oscar Wilde

We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely.

All art is quite useless.

Oscar Wilde

Saturday 1 April 2017

Next stop Kingdom Hearts 3

We have it all now, the whole Kingdom Hearts story leading up to the next main console installment. Everything has been ported in one way or another to current gen consoles after yesterday's release of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX and last month's Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

I for one think we are more than ready for Kingdom Hearts 3 now. As a huge fan of the series I have started a mass campaign to play through every single game before the expected release of Kingdom Hearts 3 later this year (hopefully).

The thing is we are ready, I cannot emphasise this enough. Square Enix need to know this now. We are so ready. They’ve remastered, rereleased and improved, then they scrubbed up, polished and repackaged all of the games. They’ve given western audiences the complete versions of the original games, they even basically threw the tech demo for KH3 our way in the form of Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage. To top it all off they basically released a fully animated movie for a little back-story.

ENOUGH!

Square Enix I love you guys, trust me I do. The thing is that you’re really pushing me here. In total we have 7 main games. 7 isn’t a bad number, not when you take into account your track record. *cough* Final Fantasy *cough* No but seriously now, you have released every full game at least twice now, 6 of them have been released 3 times. Maybe it’s time to release KH3?

I don’t mean this to be a rant, I really don’t. In my opinion Square is one of the best publishers and developers in the world. Their track record is fairly good and that’s spanning several genres. Kingdom Hearts is for me what Call of Duty is for those snotty 13 year olds on PSN, absolute brilliance, endlessly entertaining, art.

So come on Square, hopefully this reflects how the rest of the community feels as well, I know my friends feel the same. We know Kingdom Hearts 3 will be wonderful, the magnum opus of the entire series. Just please, please, release it. This year would be nice. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment